ADVENTURE JOURNEYS MEASURES TO ENSURE YOUR SAFETY DURING YOUR STAY WITH US
DAILY UPDATES: POSITIVE NEWS!
ELIMINATION OF COVID-19 REQUIREMENTS (VACCINATION CARD AND PCR TEST) TO ENTER ECUADOR & GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
(Quito – Ecuador) The National EOC, in permanent session on Wednesday, October 19, 2022, by unanimity of the full members, resolved:
Concorde the epidemiological report presented by the Ministry of Public Health and based on the reduction of incidence recorded in the main indicators in care, as well as the analysis and review of the relevance of maintaining the requirements for entry into the country; in this regard it is provided:
- As of October 20, 2022 no traveler shall be required to present a vaccination card with complete scheme, negative antigen test 72 hours in advance, nor negative PCR test.
- In the event of an alert regarding an increase in cases of COVID-19 in any country, the Ministry of Health will have to inform the National EOC, in order to analyze the pertinence of requesting entry requirements to the country exclusively for those who present these indicators.
- idemiological monitoring and the vaccination plan for the application of booster doses and it is The Ministry of Health, in its capacity as National Health Authority, is requested to continue with the epidemiological monitoring and the vaccination plan for the application of booster doses and it is established that the next meeting of the National EOC will be activated at the request of the National Health Authority.
Despite all this positive news, it is advisable to take into account the following recommendations to make your trip totally satisfactory and to preserve your safety.
Hygiene & Disinfection:
• 2 pair of gloves per person/ per day (provided by AJ on destination).
• N95 Face mask per person/ per day (mandatory, passengers must bring them to the country).
• Antiseptic gel dispenser in each car/ mini bus / coach, accommodation, land and sea transportation, restaurants and all places where passengers will have contact with.
• All providers will disinfect transportation, hotel facilities, restaurant facilities and all equipment prior to use (especially mask and snorkel tube), although it would be ideal for each passenger to at least bring their own to avoid any type of contact.
• Hotel online check in – prior to arrival in all hotels in mainland and Galapagos.
• Electronic ticket for museums, churches and all entrances that are not included (No need to buy tickets on the destination/ AJ will provide assistance with the online tickets).
• Online INGALA Transit Control Card USD 20 per person/ in cash (Galapagos) – prior departure to the Islands.
• Previous collection of Galapagos National Entrance fee USD 100 per person / in cash (Galapagos) – prior departure to the Islands (No need to pay directly in Galapagos airport- TO BE CONFIRMED with National Park Regulations).
• Web check in in LATAM & AVIANCA Airlines prior traveling to the Galapagos Islands.
Below we will give details of the main aspects in which social distancing will be applied.
• In Galapagos speed boats, water taxis, navigation boats all the crew will use biosafety suits and equipment.
• In Ecuador mainland transportation: Passengers will be seated skipping a place to maintain the distance required.
– 1 to 2 passengers / Guide Driver/ One car.
– 3 to 4 passengers/ Guide Driver / Van (8 pax capacity).
– 5 to 9 passengers/ Guide + Driver / Mini bus (19 pax capacity).
– 10 to 16 passengers/ Guide + Driver/ Coach (32 pax capacity).
– 16 to 20 passengers/ Guide + Driver/ Coach (40 pax capacity).
• Breakfast available in all hotels (room service available) .
• Lunch available (pic nics or box lunches prepared with all health standards and delivered to each client by our guide) and will be taken in separate and safe places in the middle of nature as planned on the itinerary. In few restaurants private service will be offered only for our clients.
• Dinner available in all hotels (room service available)
• All passengers must bring their medications from their countries and avoid acquired them here in Ecuador, specially sea sickness and altitude sickness pills.
Pre tour Online Briefing (advices of safety protocols for Cov-19 operation)
• All passengers must have an online briefing prior arrival in which guide will explain all the measures they will need to take and things they will need to bring prior arrival in Ecuador. Likewise, the relevant information regarding the trip and changes made due to safety reasons.
• All visits planed in the itinerary will be operated in order to avoid the crowded. AJ will take advantage of the country’s geography to develop their activities in open places to make passengers feel secure during the visits.
• Souvenirs and local products needed to be purchased by customers will be presented on a table in hotels with all the security measures for customers to get them. Payments will be assisted by our AJ Staff/ AJ guide and also could be made online with a credit card from the client to AJ to avoid handling and exchanging money with merchants IF required. AJ will be responsible for paying in cash to the vendors who own the products.
Despite the current situation, we remain as passionate about travel as we’ve always been and until we can start exploring again, we will keep working hard to recover all the confidence in our beloved destinations.