BIKE AND TREK IN COTOPAXI 2 DAYS
Venture yourself in this incredible 2 day expedition, biking on dirt roads and single tracks, enjoy the amazing landscape created by the powerful Andean Volcanos, camp right in front of Cotopaxi, the highest active and most beautiful volcano of Ecuador and trek to the basecamp at 16.000 feet..
- Biking on exclusive trails and roads.
- Ride high quality bikes.
- Admire the beauty of Cotopaxi while camping.
- Trek to 16.000 feet.
- Travel with expert AJ top guides.
Day 1.- BIKING TO THE INCA RUINS
On our first day you will be picked up at 8:00am from you hotel, then travel by car for two hours to the Cotopaxi National Park, our first stop will be at the Mariscal Sucre Museum, here your guide
will explain about the Volcano and surroundings, later we continue by car for twenty more minutes and arrive at the water channel, here after a safety talk, we will start our biking adventure, the first part is on a dirt flat road, and late it will be on a single track surrounded by volcanic remains from the last eruption of Cotopaxi, after two hours we arrive to the Pucará, these are some Inca ruins where we have an stop for learning about this very important Ancient Civilization, and here we have lunch as well.
Later we continue by bike on some single tracks, flat and downhill, depending on you, you can continue biking on a challenging uphill for 2 hours to the campsite, or you can jump in the car. Tonight we dine and sleep at the campsite in front of Cotopaxi.
Accommodation: Camping (facilities available)
Day 2.- TREK TO THE BASECAMP
- Activities: Bike and Trek in Cotopaxi National Park
- Accommodation based on double occupancy: Camping.
- Transportation: Private and comfortable land transportation.
- Meals: 1 Breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner.
- Gear: High quality bikes, front suspension and hydraulic brakes
- Trip Leader: Certified AJ expert English-speaking adventure trip leader
- Travel insurance (required)
- Meals not listed in the itinerary
- Personal expenses
- Tips for guides and drivers